Keeping your Herndon orthodontist Retainer Clean
Orthodontic retainers simply called Herndon orthodontist are designed to go over the teeth which mean that they get exposed to tartar, plaque and even bacteria from the mouth. Considering that they are worn for hours, it is very easy for them to start smelling hence causing bad breath.
However, you do not have to put up with this because there are very easy ways you can ensure that your Herndon orthodontist remains clean all the time.
- First, avoid bleach and alcohol and other harsh chemicals when cleaning your orthodontics because they are damaging. You should also avoid putting them in boiling water or hot water because the high heat can end up deforming or warping them spoiling them in the process.
- Keep them moist all the time because drying out is another aspect that leads to damage. When not in your mouth, put the retainer in distilled water. You can allocate a container for this and you can add a little amount of baking soda to the water. Drying out leads to the tartar bonding onto the retainer making it easy to break and even harder to clean.
- Brush them every few days to keep tartar buildup at bay. You can use a toothbrush to achieve the best results with the brushing. Allocate a toothbrush for this and not your everyday toothbrush. You can use a mild soap or toothpaste and rinse in warm water before placing them back.
- Have your Herndon orthodontist your retainer once in awhile. The dentist will disinfect the retainers using the right tools and cleaning products and also repair it if need be. It is also very important to have broken retainers replaced or repaired and any lost retainers replaced as soon as it happens.
- Consider using castile soap when cleaning for a safe thorough job that also leaves them smelling nice. The soap has coconut and olive oil and they are both safe. For clear retainers, use baking soda to clean. Sprinkle a little amount on it and scrub, then rinse with warm water